Horde at the Hive 2018 ⚔️
*There is no admission cost for this event* Travel back in time and experience the fascinating world of Norse culture […]
*There is no admission cost for this event*
Travel back in time and experience the fascinating world of Norse culture by taking a trip to our Viking Village for some genuine family fun! Come cheer on epic displays of live-action battle reenactments (kids get to do mock battles too), throughout the weekend. If you need fortification there will be a food truck with a healthy variety of victuals and tastings of award-winning mead – a sweet fermented beverage made here at the farm with honey that Norsemen termed the “Nectar of the Gods”.
Combine your experience with an Apiary or Meadery tour to learn the secrets of honey and mead production. Afterwards visit our Country Store for more unique, local products – and mead of course!
Date: May 12-13th 2018
Where: Chinook Honey Company
Box 12, Site 14, RR1 Okotoks, AB T1S 1A1
Time: Saturday – 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday – 10 am – 5 pm
The Vikings: Vinland Society – An organization focused on developing and presenting the reconstructed lifestyle and culture of the Vikings.
- Calum Lykan: Story Teller – Calum Lykan is a professional storyteller here to enchant you all with the adventures of Norse gods.
- Il Forno Vagabondo– Wood fired Pizza – Sunday
- Chikeez Chow Down– Variety of Cultural Favourites – Saturday
- The Exploring Moose– Professional Dessert Hunters – Saturday and Sunday
-Full List Coming Soon-
- Master Ark’s Fine Medieval Jewelry– Cloak clasps, brooches, and talismans.
- Rocky Mountain Maille– Handmade chainmaille jewelry from wire.
- Porter Custom Leather Designs– Hand-made leather goods.
- Teresa Wyss Pottery– Beautiful handmade pottery
Looking to be a vendor? Apply here.
- Good Knights Entertainment – The masterminds behind Three Hills, Alberta’s, Medieval Encampment getaway, and soon to have the addition of Bagg Inn Borrows. Visit their booth to learn more!