JUNE 1 & 2 2019
Travel back in time and experience the fascinating world of Norse culture by taking a trip to our Viking Village for some genuine family fun! Come cheer on epic displays of live-action battle reenactments (kids get to do mock battles too), throughout the weekend. If you need fortification there will be a food truck with a healthy variety of victuals and tastings of award-winning mead – an ancient fermented beverage made here at the farm with honey that Norsemen termed the “Nectar of the Gods”. Visit our Artisan market to explore our curated vendors and their wide variety of wares from near and far.
Combine your experience with an Apiary program or Meadery tour to learn the secrets of honeybees and mead production. Afterwards visit our Country Store for more unique, local products – and mead of course!
This event will be bigger than ever this year with more activities planned to keep everyone entertained so stay tuned for announcements soon!
Date: June 1st & 2nd 2019
Where: Chinook Honey Company
Box 12, Site 14, RR1 Okotoks, AB T1S 1A1
Time: Saturday – 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday – 10 am – 5 pm
* Admission fee of $5.00 per car *
Vestrheim Vikings – An organization focused on developing and presenting the reconstructed lifestyle and culture of the Vikings.
- Calum Lykan: Story Teller – Calum Lykan is a professional storyteller here to enchant you all with the adventures of Norse gods.
- Mounted Combat Arts- Watch the story unfold while the skilled riders battle on horseback.
- Il Forno Vagabondo – An Italian wood-fired oven in a FOOD TRUCK! Traditional Neapolitan pizza (Sat)
- Southern Slow Cookhouse – Famous for pulled pork sandwiches and award winning ribs. (Sun)
- Devils Head Coffee– Artisan small batch hand roasted coffee and specialty beverages (Sat & Sun)
Vendor Applications are now open until May 15th. All applications are juried prior to acceptance.
OUR FEATURED GUESTS:
Y-Knott Ranch –Working sheep dog demonstrations