Date: May 13-14th 2017
Where: Chinook Honey Company
Box 12, Site 14, RR1 Okotoks, AB T1S 1A1
Time: Saturday – 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday – 10 am – 5 pm
Travel back in time and experience the fascinating world of Norse culture by taking a trip to our Viking Village for some genuine family fun! Come cheer on epic displays of live-action battle reenactments (kids get to do mock battles too), throughout the weekend.
In the Viking Village revel in tales from Storyteller Calum Lykan and watch smithing demonstrations by Nick Goetz. Then take a stroll through the crafters market and enjoy such vendors as MasterArk.com, Teresa Wyss Pottery, Rocky Mountain Maille and Porter Custom Leather and Woodworking.
If you need fortification there will be a food truck with a healthy variety of victuals and tastings of award-winning mead – a sweet fermented beverage made here at the farm with honey that Norsemen termed the “Nectar of the Gods”.
Combine your experience with an Apiary or Meadery tour to learn the secrets of honey and mead production. Afterwards visit our Country Store for more unique, local products – and mead of course!
- Calum Lykan– A professional story teller sallying forth with tales of Viking lore.
- Meadery Tour– Ever wonder how mead is made? Find out during our Meadery Tour!
- All About Bees Tour – Learn about bees during our All About Bees tour.
- Kiddy Viking – Kids get the chance to be Vikings in exciting mock battles!
- Battle Re-enactments– Watch our vikings battle.
Market Vendors & Viking Village:
- Celtic Witch Psychic
- Devils Hand Blacksmith
- Teresa Wyss Pottery
- Master Ark’s
- Kaos Theory Art
- Rocky Mountain Maille
- Porter Custom Leather & Woodwork